We allow you to set each of your contacts' language preferences. Once set, these will be the languages in which your contacts receive messages.
To set a contact's language preference via the "contacts" tab:
1. Navigate to the "contacts" tab, then click the contact whose language you want to update
2. Click on the gear icon and select the "edit" option.
3. The Upate Contact dialogue will appear. Click the "Language" menu to select a language from the primary and secondary languages you've added to your account, then click "Ok."
- The default Language contact field, representing preferred language, is visible through the following pathway: navigate to contacts tab > click contact > click gear icon menu > select edit. A contacts' language preference can be referenced using the @contact.language variable, returning its ISO 639-2/B standardized nomenclature (Spanish becomes 'spa').
- You’ll need to translate your flows into each of the secondary languages you’ve added to your account page.
Using a Flow
You can achieve the same result at scale by creating a flow that contains the Set language action, then adding the contacts or groups whose language preferences you want to modify.
Using a Contact Import
You can add a column titled 'Language' containing the ISO 639-2/B language code (e.g. 'spa' for Spanish) to a contact import to set your contact's preferred languages. Note that all additional languages must first be added to your account via your account page.