The flow editor is where you'll edit your flows. Each time you create or click on a flow, you'll enter the flow editor:
Anatomy of the Flow Editor
The name you gave the flow when you created it.
2. Create Message
This button brings up the step editor, which comprises two distinct dialogues, the action dialogue and the split dialogue. We generally recommend beginning a flow with a Send Message action, though you may find a RuleSet is more appropriate.
The action editor begins with a Send Message action, though you can click the drop-down menu to toggle between the various action dialogues. To access the split editor, click the branch icon in the top right corner of the action editor.
The split editor allows you to create pivot points in your flow in the form of conditional statements. As we explain in our introductory article, RuleSets are comprised of:
- A value type - "When somebody arrives at this point in your flow..."
- Response rules that evaluate the selected value type - "If the message response..."
- The specific values you're evaluating for.
- The categories in which values that match a response rule are placed.
- The name given to the resulting flow variable.
The simulator is a handy testing tool we've added to enable you to test your flows from an end-user's perspective as you build them. Once clicked, the simulator will initiate the first step of your flow.
4. Settings Menu
The settings menu
Click the results option to view the results attached to the flow you're editing.
Click the edit option to:
- change the name of the flow
- assign keyword triggers to the flow
- adjust the flow expiration window
- tell the flow to ignore keyword triggers once a contact has entered it
Click this option to make an identical copy of the flow you're editing.
Click this option to export the flow you're editing as a JSON file.
Click this option to view the revision history of the flow you're editing. Click a revision to view that version of the flow.
Click this option to delete the flow you're editing.
5. Start Flow
Click this button to place contacts in the flow. You may add specific contacts or multiple groups. Checking the Restart any of the above contacts already participating in this flow box to restart contacts who are already active members of the flow.