We allow you to set each of your contacts' language preferences. Once set, these will be the languages in which your contacts receive messages for translated flows.
To set a contact's language preference via the "Contacts" tab:
1. Navigate to the "Contacts" tab, then click the contact whose language you want to update
2. Click on the ☰ menu icon and select the "Edit" option.
3. The Update Contact dialogue will appear. Click the "Language" menu to select a language from the primary and secondary languages you've added to your account, then click "Ok."
- The default Language contact field, representing preferred language, is visible through the following pathway: navigate to contacts tab > click contact > click ☰ menu icon > select edit. A contacts' language preference can be referenced using the @contact.language variable, returning its ISO 639-3 standardized nomenclature (Spanish becomes 'spa').
- You’ll need to translate your flows into each of the secondary languages you’ve added to your account page.
In a Flow
You can set your contacts' preferred language in your flow using the Update the Contact action. See a detailed guide here.
Using a Contact Import
You can add a column titled 'Language' containing the ISO 639-3 language code (e.g. 'spa' for Spanish) to a contact import to set your contact's preferred languages. Note that all additional languages must first be added to your account via your account page.