If you want to send more than the 330 messages/hour allotted by the Nyaruka Android applications, you can enable a bulk sender like Vonage (previously Nexmo) to send messages on your Android channel's behalf. Vonage will enable you to send bulk messages in over 200 countries while providing an intelligent routing scheme to guarantee message delivery*.
*Check Vonage's Country-Specific Features and Restrictions for your country before proceeding.
This configuration allows your Android phone to receive incoming text messages through its SIM card while Vonage sends outbound messages using a sender ID that matches the phone number associated with the SIM.
To Enable Bulk Sending
Sign up for an account with Vonage. Make sure you enter the phone number associated with the SIM card of the Android phone you're using as a channel through our Android application.
2. Locate your API "Key" and "Secret" on the Vonage dashboard Settings page.
3. Within your Nyaruka workspace settings page, navigate to your already integrated Android channel and click to enter the channel's page. Click the 3-dot menu button and choose "Enable Bulk Sending":
4. Click the Vonage option on the following page, then enter your API "Key" and "Secret."
5. Top-up your Vonage account to remove it from Demo status. You can visit this page to estimate outgoing message costs. With bulk sending enabled, you won't be charged for outgoing messages by the carrier associated with your SIM card.
6. Once enabled, you'll see a Vonage icon beneath your Android channel.
Questions? Send us a message via the support widget in the bottom right corner of your browser.